The Girls In Motion provides up to $2500 for not-for-profit and charitable organizations to run "girl-friendly" high-quality recreational, sport/physical activity programs specifically for girls ages 6-17 in Alberta. Girls in Motion programs are run and organized by the applying not-for-profit or charity and are made to order based on the needs of individual communities they serve. Not-for-profit and charitable organizations are encouraged to apply for a grant to address the needs of inactive girls and those girls who are unable to access activity programs due to limitations of income, location, culture, family, perceived ability etc.
As result of directive from Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis, effective Nov. 1, 2018, InMotion Network is no longer able to contract with or provide funding to any level of government. Funding must be provided through not-for-profit or charitable organizations. As such Funding for Physical Activity Projects "cannot be made payable to municipalities, schools or other government entities." InMotion Network will continue to accept applications from Parent Association from our school partners.
- December 1st for programs running between January and April
- April 1st for programs running between May and August
- August 1st for programs running between September and December
Girls In Motion Forms:
- Girls in Motion Memorandum of Agreement
- Girls In Motion Information Sheet
- Girls In Motion Pre-Survey
- Girls in Motion Post-Survey
- Girls In Motion - Final Report template
Download the Girls In Motion Application
Complete the form below including the Memorandum of Agreement as part of the application.