What is Go Girl?
- Go Girl is a one-day (or sometimes multi day) "try it" event that provides girls and young teens with the opportunity to experience a variety of physical activities and sports in a relaxed, friendly, and fun atmosphere.
- Go Girl events are a great way to introduce girls to a community's recreation and sport resources. Girls can engage in a number of activities, then obtain information about how to further participate after the one-day event.
The Go Girl program provides the opportunity to apply for a contribution of up to $2500 for Alberta not-for-profit and charitable organizations to run a Go Girl event in their respective communities. Not-for-profit and charitable organizations are encouraged to apply for support to increase movement opportunities for individuals who have been, and continue to be, excluded from our sporting, recreation, and physical activity systems due to interrelated factors such as race, gender, income, (dis)ability, religion, and language.
- Program Goals and Objectives
- How are Applications Evaluated?
- Follow this link to Get Inspired with past Go Girl Events!
- All of InMotion Network's contribution programs are funded through AGLC gaming proceeds.
- All Go Girl applications must be submitted through an Alberta based not-for-profit organization or charity in good standing.
- Organizations are can only apply once per intake, eligible for a maximum of $5000 per calendar year.