What is Take the Lead?
- The Take the Lead Program provides support for Albertan girls and women to become experienced leaders in sport and recreation.
- Applicants can apply for support with costs associated with training, course fees, professional development, professional certification, clinics, equipment, travel, lodging, meals, and other training related activities.
- The Take the Lead Program is NOT intended to support physical activity projects and recreational initiatives.
The Take the Lead program provides support for girls and women working or volunteering in the sport or active living communities, recreation field or school system who are working towards increasing their leadership capacity.
- Individual Take the Lead Applicants can apply for a maximum of $1,000 per individual
- Organization Take the Lead Applicants can apply for a $3,000 per organization
Important Note: Due to regulations with the AGLC, the InMotion Network can only support Take the Lead Applicants through a local or provincial sport organization/not for profit/charity in good standing. Individuals are not able to receive this support directly.