All applications need to be submitted by September 18, 2022 by 11:59 pm MST.
Safe & Welcoming FAQs
Funds will be granted to the applicant in October 2022 upon signing agreements.
Organizations must be an operating grant recipient through the the Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Branch’s two branch operating grant programs: The Association Development Program or the Physical Activity and Recreation Operating Grant program.
- Contract, facilitation services, presenter and/or instructor;
- Facility rental costs;
- Build human resource capacity (program staff, coaches, volunteers) including training to meet changing needs;
- Knowledge transfer costs and supports to members, or member organizations and/or sector;
- Integration of UCCMS into policies and procedures;
- Policy development, implementation and organizational support mechanisms.
- Ongoing operational costs not specifically associated with project outcomes;
- Hospitality and gifting;
- Expenses incurred before September 1, 2022;
- In-kind transactions, donated services and recoupable expenses will not be recognized;
- Costs associated for the sole purpose of a Sport Tourism activity only including the hosting or staging of a tournament or competitions;
- Travel costs associated with facilitation services, presenter and/or instructors from out of province.
These are policies, procedures and processes in place to assist an organization in delivering outcomes to membership and the sector.
Mental Health - Policy development, implementation of organizational support mechanisms.
Safe Sport - Policy realignment/development, to integrate the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport and implementation support mechanisms.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - Strengthen policies; develop strategies and programming to increase equity, diversity and inclusion.
Women and Girls - Developing strategies and programming to increase leadership opportunities and support mechanisms.
- Unsuccessful applicants did not demonstrate financial need in their application, a plan and strategy to enhance safe and welcoming sport environments and/or their support mechanisms.
- Your application was not complete or your application was submitted past the deadline.
- Your application did not provide enough information for the review panel to make an informed decision.
Applications will be reviewed to ensure that the applicant is eligible and the submission is complete. Follow-up will occur for incomplete applications. Review panels will assess applications against the supplied information and the grant eligibility criteria to determine if the applicant is successful or not and the amount of the funding that will be granted.
At this point, the program is a one-time initiative.
Eligible expenses can be claimed if they were incurred September 1, 2022 or after.
Organizations will be eligible for up to $20,000.
All applicants will be notified of their status by October 14, 2022.
Successful applicants will receive funding directly from InMotion Network via E-transfer by October 31, 2022.
Organizations will have until October 15, 2023 to spend funding on approved expenditures.