What is Girls in Motion?
Girls in Motion provides up to $2500 for Alberta not-for-profit and charitable organizations to run high-quality recreational, sport/physical activity programs specifically for girls ages 6-17 in Alberta. Not-for-profit and charitable organizations are encouraged to apply for support to increase movement opportunities for individuals who have been, and continue to be, excluded from our sporting, recreation, and physical activity systems due to interrelated factors such as race, gender, income, (dis)ability, religion, and language.
- Girls in Motion programs are community-based and directed with opportunities for girls to experience physical activity in a relaxed, fun and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Girls in Motion programs are run and organized by the applying not-for-profit or charity and are tailored based on the needs of individual communities they serve.
- The Girls in Motion program is not intended to support individual athletes training or coaching fees
- Program Goals and Objectives
- How are Applications Evaluated?
- All of InMotion Network's contribution programs are funded through AGLC gaming proceeds.
- All Girls in Motion applications must be submitted through a not-for-profit organization or charity in good standing.