Activity Database - Alberta Active After School/Ever Active Schools
- Browse hundreds of activities that support physical activity, wellness, creativity, and leisure. You can filter by activity type, age, skill, duration, play area, and group size.
HPEC Website - Health and Physical Education Council of the Alberta Teachers Association
- The Health and Physical Education Council, as a professional organization of teachers, advocates for quality health and physical education programs and provides opportunities for professional growth and development of its members. Check out their website for leadership and communication for healthy and physical education in Alberta.
Resources to Support Parents with HPE at Home - OPHEA
- OPHEA has put together a collection of our health and physical education content to use with your kids to stay healthy and active at home.
Active at Home - Be Fit For Life
- Be Fit For Life is compiling and sharing ideas to keep the whole family moving while at home.
PLAY Education - Tracy Lockwood
- Follow-along videos to support educators who work with children and youth to increase competence, confidence, and motivation towards the development of physical literacy.
200+ Activities You Can Do With Your Kids At Home - Active for Life
- Active for Life has compiled a list of hundreds of activities designed to keep kids learning through play. These active games help keep kids moving and learning while at home.
ParticipACTION Blog - ParticipACTION
- Check out ParticipACTION's blog for many different ways to get and stay active.
Playbuilder Activities to Stay Active at Home - Sport for Life
- Sport for Life is sharing some of the activities from our PLAYBuilder tool to try out at home to keep kids moving and mentally engaged.
Active at Home - Edmonton Sport Council
- A list of activities from the Edmonton Sport Council that can be done at home and in different settings.
Hoops @ Home- Alberta Basketball
- Take the challenge and keep advancing your basketball skills at home!
COVID-19 Resources - Special Olympics Alberta
- A collection of resources to support physical activity while at home.
Play From Home - Jumpstart Canada
- A collection of ideas to help kids be active at home.
At Home Sport and Recreation - Grande Prairie Regional Sport Connection
- GP Sport Connection has gathered resources for home sport and recreation and organized them by age groups, from 0-5 to 18+.
Keeping Active at Home - Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability
- ALAC has created a weekly blog about things people can do to stay active at home.
Resources - APPLE Schools
- APPLE schools have compiled resources for grades K-6 that use a comprehensive school health approach. The focus of these resources is on physical activity and healthy eating.
DIY Activities - Kids Up Front Calgary and Edmonton
- Stay occupied with these do-it-yourself home experiments, workouts, and dance parties!
At-Home Activities - City of Calgary
- The City of Calgary has compiled activities to help with learning, staying active, crafts, and games.
PHE Home Learning Centre - Physical and Health Education Canada
- PHE Canada has compiled supports for educators to continue offering quality physical and health education learning experiences within a home setting.
Healthy At Home - Dedicated Action for School Health (DASH)
- Easy-to-use, one-page resources that can connect educators and parents to the BC Physical and Health Education Curriculum for grades Kindergarten through to Grade 7.
Neighborhood Adventure - Self-Guided Orienteering - Alberta Orienteering Association
- Engage your mind and body with this unique map based outdoor activity in your neighborhood. Take the challenge. No experience necessary, the step by step guide will lead you through it.
Bring Dance Into Your Home - Canada's National Ballet School
- Canada's National Ballet School (NBS) wants to share the power of dance and help you find creative ways to keep moving. Move with them, through the power of technology, and bring the joy of dance into your home - includes resources for all ages!
So Healthy At Home - Special Olympics
- A central hub for information, resources, and activities to keep people healthy and active at home. The site also has a virtual calendar that collects all the live workouts that are happening daily across the movement in one place.