Unleash your Leadership Potential: A workshop for young women
This interactive workshop combines theory and interactive exercises. It caters to 15-20 year olds who are involved in sport, recreation and physical activity as athletes, coaches, volunteers and hope to continue to contribute to sport in their future career or through volunteer activities. This workshop can be delivered in a two-hour or three-hour format. With sport and physical activity as a backdrop, the session covers the range of leadership skills and attributes that will assist young leaders to take on roles as planners and decision makers during their school years and beyond. The session is fast paced, hands-on and provides an opportunity for participants to:
- identify activities in their home community where they can develop their leadership skills
- discuss effective and ineffective communication patterns
- review the importance of a strong introduction
- learn 5 steps to increase their leadership skills
- create a personal leadership plan
To find out more about the CAAWS Women and Leadership Program and to book a facilitator, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (780) 644-5613.